Prof. Zhu graduated from Tsinghua University in 2011. She has more than 60 publications in Journals such as Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Optical Materials, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, Scientific Reports, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Nanoscale, Applied Physics Letters etc., with H-index 20 and over 1500 citations. Prof. Zhu also values the real use of technologies. She has 19 granted patents and has commercialized 6 of them, products including thermal interface materials, heat spreaders and heat transfer/thermal properties analyzers are sold worldwide.
• Sept. 2006 – July 2011: Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
• Sept. 2002 – July 2006: B. E., Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
• Sept. 1999 – July 2002: National Science Trial Class Directly under the Ministry of Education, Shanghai, China
• May 2009 – Feb. 2010: Research Assistant, Department of Physics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HK
• Sept. 2011–Feb. 2012: Research Associate, Department of Physics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HK
• Feb. 2012 – Feb. 2015: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
• Sept. 2014 – Oct. 2015: Visiting Scholar, Centre for Magnetic Recording Research, University of California, San Diego
• Jan. 2016 – Feb. 2017: Senior Research Associate, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
• Mar. 2017 – June 2020: Associate Professor, College of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Southern University of Science and Technology
• May 2019 – Now: Doctoral Supervisor (Physics, Mechanical Engineering), Southern University of Science and Technology
• June 2020 – Now: Research Professor, School of Microelectronics, Southern University of Science and Technology
（1）Micro- and nano- scale heat transfer measurement and simulation
lAlgorithm for accurate measuring in-plane thermal conductivity
lTechnology for simultaneous measurement of thermal diffusivity, conductivity and capacity
lSingle droplet thermal analysis system for spray combustion synthesis
（2）Preparation of thermal management materials
lGraphene-based energy storable heat spreader
lHigh performance polymer based thermal interface materials
lHigh thermal conductive fibrous film
（3）Preparation of devices and equipments
lHeat exchanger used in respirators
lVC (vapor chamber) performance test and reliability evaluation
（4）Overall thermal management solution
Honors & Awards
National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars
Guangdong Special Support Program for High-level Talents (Young Talent Award of Science and Technology Innovation)
Second Prize of Shenzhen Technological Invention Award
Overseas High-Caliber Talent Award (Level C)
Leading talents in Nanshan District
 You Lv, Yiyang E, Zhaobo Tian, Keyu Chi, Qi Sun, Yuan Zhu*, Bias-normal index: a new indicator of dense random packing for thermal polymer/ceramic composites, Ceramics International, Accepted
 Anqi Chen#, Fan Jiang#, Jiajia Dong, Jeffrey Chen, Yuan Zhu*, Design, fabrication and thermal performance of a novel ultra-thin loop heat pipe with printed wick structure for mobile electronics cooling, Applied Thermal Engineering, Accepted.
 Xinyue Jiang#, Anqi Chen#, Fan Jiang, Wei Guo, You Lv, Qi Sun, Wei Cui, Joseph Lee*, Yuan Zhu*, A non-contact thermal testing system for ultra-thin vapor chamber, Review of Scientific Instruments, Accepted.
 You Lv#, Yawen Huang#, Qiyao Duan#, Naiyi Feng, Yuan Zhu*, Tinghan Chen, and Shaoxin Zhou, Structural optimization of phase change material based heat exchanger for breathing air cooling, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2021, 191, 116829.
 Longxing Su*, Yuan Zhu*, Yuanyuan An, Jin Xie*, Zikang Tang*, Alloying induced disorder and localized excitonic states in ternary BexZn1-xO thin films, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2021, 874, 159867.
 Xintian Gao, Anqi Chen*; Yuan Zhu*, You Lv, Wei Guo, and Shaoxin Zhou, Numerical study on surface wettability gradient enhanced ultra-thin loop heat pipe, Journal of Thermal Science, 2021,30(4), 1318-1327.
 Wei Guo#, Anqi Chen#, You Lv, Yuan Zhu*, Jinda Wu, Microscale heat-flux meter for low-dimensional thermal measurement and its application in heat-loss modified Angstrom method. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2021, 169, 120938.
 Anqi Chen#, Yanyan Wu#, Shaoxin Zhou#, Wenxue Xu, Wenlong Jiang, You Lv, Wei Guo, Keyu Chi, Qi Sun, Tingting Fu, Tingting Xie, Yuan Zhu*, Xin-gang Liang, Highly thermal conductive polymer chains with reactive groups: a step towards true application, Materials Advances, 2020,1(6), 1996-2002.
 Longxing Su, Qiushi Liu, Yuan Zhu*, Zikang Tang*, Postannealed structural relaxation and phase evolution of quaternary alloy BeMgZnO, Applied Electronic Materials, 2019, 1(10), 2061–2068.
 Yuan Zhu*, Jie Xiao, Tinghan Chen, Anqi Chen, Shaoxin Zhou, Zhiyuan Liu, Zhaofan Xia, Experimental and numerical investigation on composite phase change material (PCM) based heat exchanger for breathing air cooling, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2019, 155, 631-636.
 Zhiyang Chen#, Yuan Zhu*,#, Qiyao Duan#, Anqi Chen*, Zikang Tang, Spray-combustion synthesis of indium tin oxide nanopowder, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 2019, 102(1), 42-47.
 Chengchun Zhao, Yuan Zhu*, Li Chen, Shaoxin Zhou, Yuquan Su, Xu Ji, Anqi Chen, Xuchun Gui, Zikang Tang, Zhaowei Liu, Multi-layer nanoarrays sandwiched by anodized aluminium oxide membranes: an approach to an inexpensive, reproducible, highly sensitive SERS substrate, Nanoscale, 2018, 10(34), 16278-16283.
 Yuan Zhu*, Heat-loss modified Angstrom method for simultaneous measurements of thermal diffusivity and conductivity of graphite sheets: The origins of heat loss in Angstrom method, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2016, 92, 784-791.